Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Vacation

OK so I am announcing my vacation from knitting. Who knows how long I will actually make it, but I'd like to not knit anything until next week. At the very least, I am not letting myself start anything new. This is because of my poor wrists/hands, who on Christmas, at the completion of the spiral hat, were very angry at me.

Yesterday I did no knitting, hooray!

The only problem is that I have to find books to read and such. I am currently re-reading Harry Potter #5, the one where Harry becomes a whiny selfish teenager. Ha.

It is so dead at work. I think everyone is on vacation except me and a few other poor souls. But we get to wear jeans all week. It's just like high school... I went to a catholic high school (and grade/middle school), so I have learned the joys of having a jeans day. Who would have thought I would get to experience it yet again? It totally makes me more relaxed. In fact, I am so relaxed right now I might just take a nap. If only I could get away with it... haha.

It's so warm outside! (high of 41 degrees?) It's like some dirty trick like, "Oh look, it's getting warmer and the snow is melting!" Nice try... but it's only December, and I know that by next week or so it will be back to negative numbers and 3 feet of snow. Oh well, at least I won't have to scrape off my windshield for a little bit. Of course, I just took my car into the shop to have my oil light problem checked on, so I am currently carless. Sniff.

P.S. I bought more yarn to make my mom a hat to match her scarf, which I haven't taken a pic of yet... I will get on that, I swear!

No comments: