Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Shout out

Well, my mentor and knitting heroine Cynthia has linked to my new site on her blog, so I thought I would do the same... go to http://homepage.mac.com/cindythia/iblog/ to see some awesome knitting projects.... I am excited to see how her fuzzy feet turn out. I haven't felted anything yet. It seems like a wonderous journey that involves a normal knitted project entering a sink or washing machine, and coming out as smooth, seemingly stitchless piece of art. Magic!

I also have never blocked anything, but that is not surprising, considering I have only made little or flat things, like scarves, hats, etc...etc... but oh man do I want to knit this sweater from knitty.com's new issue: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTtubey.html WOW.... reading through the pattern leaves me more than a little intimidated (this is no scarf!), but I think it would be so rewarding to have such a cool sweater to wear when I finish it. *drool* But I have a jillion other things I want to make. How did that happen??? Haha.

Scary phrase of the day: DOUBLE POINTED NEEDLES! eek!


P.S. I made a swatch of the baby yarn I got for my cousin's babies' hats.... Cynthia and I agree, I need a size smaller needles, it was too loose! Oh well, I learned that it is important to actually make a swatch!

No comments: