Friday, December 02, 2005

Thoughts to start off this blog

So I chose my username to be "stitch_holder". Just thinking about that now, it's funny... because I have never owned or used an actual stitch holder. The other day I wanted to use my size three needles, which were currently occupied by these fingerless glove-type things I am working on. (actually, i haven't worked on them in a while... too much christmas knitting!) So, I wanted the needles, but wanted to save the project. I thought, well I can use another needle.... nope. All of my other needles were way too huge, and would have majorly stretched the yarn. I desperately went through my room, looking for SOMETHING.... pencils? nope, too fat... finally I found something that was thin enough: a coat hanger. Haha. Well it worked for time being. I guess I should get around to buying an ACTUAL stitch holder so I don't have to worry about finding a broken metal hanger to use. OK, back to work!

No comments: