Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Day Knitting

Woohoo! I made a hat! This is made with some cheap acrylic yarn from Meijer's, and I was following a pattern from this tiny 4-project knitting book. Don't you love the spirals???? It was very fun to see those developing as I knit. :-)


I like this hat because it's very... hippie-ish. I plan on giving it to my friend Kat, who lives in Florida.. (i know, she probably wont be able to wear it down there)... but it's not particularly warm, and hopefully she can wear it as an accessory, rather than to keep her ears warm (it could stand to be a half inch longer).



Whew! My arms/wrists/hands are tired of all this knitting. I better make myself take a break for a few days at least, haha.


So new year's is next weekend. I hope to go to my friend's place in Cincinnati. He's throwin a party, and I'd like to see his place and experience Cincy. And drink lots of cheap champagne. (Asti, anyone?)

I cleaned up pretty good for christmas. My grandparents gave me a check (woohoo) and an espresso machine (screw you starbucks!!!). From my folks I got a drumset (now I can start my own band), and this game called Apples to Apples (really fun party game). My brother was very generous, getting me a CD and two DVDs... the Princess Bride and the Big Lebowski. Watched the princess bride already with my mom, she loved it. :-)

And we're having lasagna for dinner! Screw you, traditional holiday meal! Lol. We all were like, lasagna? YES! I am hungry just thinking about it.

OK time to call some people and wish them merry Christmas, and then have some akward conversation for awhile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

The hat looks great - you must have been knitting like crazy to finish it.

We had a "traditional" meal of pork chops! And lots of napping...

See you Tuesday!

Cynthia