Monday, December 05, 2005

Scarf projects!
















Welcome to pictures of my knitting stash, the scarf edition! Above we have me, destroying the first scarf I ever made. I had bought a kit made by Klutz called "Knitting" (appropriately), on a whim I might add (who knew I would come this far). The book was very decent in teaching me how to knit and purl, and off I went... the pattern for the scarf was in the book, and seemed simple enough. I wanted to be crazy, and made my scarf wider than the one in the book. Only the kit didn't come with much yarn. So I had a short, fat scarf. I loved the color, but it spent months and months hiding in shame in the back of my closet. The pic on the top: me triumphantly frogging the dreaded scarf to be made into something (hopefully) kickass. :-) On the bottom is the yarn plus the dark blue stuff i has on for fringe. (p.s. check out my penguin shirt! sweet, no?)


















Ah, my first knitted Christmas present. This is going to be for my brother. I am still working on it, but overall I am happy with it so far. My brother is 20, and I wanted something so simple and with no color that any young guy could complain about(black, duh). I put in a stockinette stripe just for some flavor, since my original idea (straight garter) would have put me to sleep while knitting it.

My favoritest scarf!!!!! I love how this looks... I started it not knowing what I would do with it (as far as if it would be a present or not) but I wear it all the time, and it has become mine... it's a pretty basic scarf (garter stitch all the way, plus still using Meijer yarn, heh).... but I enjoy the color and length. Hooray for presents for yourself!

OK, this isn't a scarf, but check it out:

Baby hat yarn!!! This stuff is SOOOOO soft, I want to make something from it for myself! It's RY Classic Yarns "Cashsoft Baby DK"... very very nice! My cousin had twins in April, ( a boy and a girl), and I hope to have matching hats by Dec. 18th.... wish me luck, I will need it!


Yay, lots of pictures! Enough for tonight, gonna go work on my brother's scarf.

Knit on!

No comments: