Monday, December 05, 2005

baby hat!!!!!

Aren't they adorable????? I can't take credit for the booties, my coworker Cynthia whipped those up in like 3 hours... (she's good). I did the majority of the hat though! (yay) I had trouble (see last post) when I was using two round needles at once.... heh.... my first time using a round needle at all! The ribbon really helped to make it look cute, since it ended up being a bit wide for a newborn. Plus it looks "poufy", as Cynthia would put it. So even after the frustration, it turned out great! I think the recipients (another coworker and his wife) will be pretty happy... at least I hope!

Another coworker Judy wandered down to see what we were doing at lunch (cynthia was finishing the hat, I was watching in awe)... she said she used to knit but forgot over a long period... sooo maybe Cynthia will be having a mini-class during lunch now! That would be very cool, since I wouldn't have to drive out into the middle of nowhere to the yarn store where Cynthia normally teaches. If you can't tell, she has become my knitting mentor, and I have her to thank for helping me REALLY get into knitting. :-)

OK back to work. Keep on knittin'!

No comments: