Monday, May 14, 2007

Birthday Boy

Over the weekend I got to go to a special birthday party..... someone turned 1!!!

(Don't worry, the cake was promptly destroyed after the pic was taken!)

I don't think this kid could be any more cute. He is adorable! AND he is the lucky recipient of that baby sweater I made! and it fit over his head, score!


The sleeves were a little long, but hopefully by time winter rolls around he will have grown some! His mom liked it though, so I am happy!!! :) (Oh, and I didn't make the hat, I can't claim that skillful knitting!)


Here is the progress on my branching out scarf... not too shabby, eh? I am really enjoying it so far. I like how the colors are coming out too. The only question is will I keep it for myself or use it as a gift? Oh well, no hurry on that. :)

Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the sweater! So friggin' cute!!!!
I really like the striping on the scarf. It's moving it's way up my to-knit list now.

YarnThrower said...

Always a nice thing when a knitted gift fits the recipient -- especially when it is something like a sweater, which is a little higher risk than a scarf. Your scarf looks very nice! I'm loving the subtle stripes!

Designated Knitter said...

He is such a cutie!!

You did a great job on that sweater!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting me and my sweater on my page...I feel so cool!