Thursday, August 16, 2012

Stuffed monster

After finishing my first ever monster, I immediately knew I had to make one for my darling little girl. She did like the first one enough, but I didn't think the green was quite "her". We talked about it (as much as you can talk with a one year old) and determined she wanted one that was boo and puwpuw! (blue and purple lol)

Here is the monster! Sans mouth!

Pattern: Bea the Basement Monster Yarn: Patons Classic wool (stash buster!)

I still need to get to the store and buy some white felt so I can make a cute monster mouth like the ones in the book. He's pretty cute. No real name yet, I just call him "monster". N likes to point at his face and whine that he doesn't have a mouth yet. I'm working on it kiddo!!!! :)

Sharpie added for scale - he is BIG! I could have stuffed him a bit more so he has the shape of the ones in the book, but I wanted him to be squishy. Also his "bottom" is knitted in the MC (instead of the CC purple, my mistake when I started him) and his arms are knit in the CC (instead of the MC because I ran out of blue!). I still like it though! My mom thought he was from a kids' cartoon or something, so I took that as a compliment!

No comments: