Monday, June 01, 2009

Weekend Recap

Oh dreary rainy Monday.... Hope everyone had a good weekend! It was too short, per usual. I got a lot done on my mom's sweater, and also got a lot of yardwork done - I am feelin' it in my sore muscles today!

Here's a somewhat updated progress pic of my mom's sweater:


It is actually farther than that now! I finished the main part of the sweater (casted off the neck - that was very satisfying) and now am working on the front and neck edges!!!! Then I need to sew up the armpits, weave in the ends, and give it a wash!!!! (then potentially some more finishing, if the edges continute to roll...) I am so excited to have this done by my mom's birthday (end of June).

Today I am going to embark upon a knitting challenge. Last night I was chatting online with one of my friends, and she mentioned she has a wedding she is going to be in, but she cannot for the life of her find a cute little shrug to wear with her bridesmaid dress! (color - chocolate brown) Soooo it ends up I think i am going to try and knit her one!!!!! I have a pattern I found, the Cloud Bolero. It uses bulky yarn, so I BELIEVE I can do this in the next week and a half (she lives out of town so I need to finish it by like next wednesday?) I don't know how crazy I am to try this, but I might as well give it a shot!!!!! Today at lunch I am going to run over to the craft store and look for yarn. If I can't find something suitable I will have to try the yarn store tomorrow! Whew! Wish me luck!

Anyway, it was a nice weekend. I got to meet some of my husband's extended family who were visiting from out of state. AND of course we got to play with the nephews:


I love those boys!!!!

And I will leave you with a photo of one of the rosebushes found on the side of our house... I was thrilled to discover these when we moved in!

No comments: