Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sweater mania????

Whew! Over the last week I have finished not one, but TWO sweaters! Yeah!!! OK, well... one was a DOG sweater. But still, sounds pretty accomplished! :-)

In corner #1, we have mom's birthday sweater: (Sitcom chic)


It turned out pretty good! I had to do a lot of little finishing things to it though, like sewing on a ribbon on the front inside edges to keep them from rolling.


Thats why there is some puckering (my lame handsewing skills) but I am going to DEAL with puckering because at least its not ROLLING!


It fits me snugly, so it should fit my mom too, only a smidge looser. I really like that decorative part around the yoke.


Oh and the clasp! I actually found 2 that I liked, but thanks to an email vote from all my knitting gals, they helped me decide on this one. It works great :-)

In corner #2, we have my coworker's doggie Ellie's sweater:


Isn't she just the cutest model???


What a princess doggie! :D It was fun knitting for an animal, my first time! I learned a bit about dog proportions too. The pattern is the ‘Little Black Dress With Pearls’ Dog Sweater (scroll down to the bottom of the page). It is written for small "toy" sized dogs, but if you check out the sizes they are easy enough to increase for the size of dog you need! Other mods I did include doing only one ruffle at the bottom, doing some ribbing on the bottom edge (on the dog's stomach area) and of course adding a turtleneck. The neck was HUGE when I first finished it and sat around the dog's shoulders! I picked up stitches and did 2x2 ribbing with a little decreasing at the start. Worked out great! :-)

Now that those projects are done, what did I do? Cast on another sweater of course! I may just be addicted....

2 comments:

Natalie DeWitt said...

Both are super cute!! I think the clasp on Mom's sweater really finishes it off nicely! And the dog is surprisingly still, almost pleased, with that creation! KUDOS!

Designated Knitter said...

Great looking sweaters! TWO! Way to go...