Friday, June 12, 2009

Shrug-a-thon: Complete!

Woohoo! I finished knitting the shrug SUNDAY, and blocked it tuesday, and gifted it last night!!!!


She LOVED IT! I am so happy I got to make her something she can wear over her bridesmaids dress this weekend! AND as a fabulous payment for the shrug, she made the most delicious cake!!!!! We have a ton leftover too. (Eeek... lookout thighs, here it comes!) It was actually pretty fun to do some speed knitting, and it didn't take as long as I thought. I may be crazy enough to do something like that again! :)

In the meanwhile, i've put in a little time on this doggie sweater I decided to make a month or so ago (yeah I know, a sweater for a DOG? but its for my coworker's dog, and besides, its girly and hot pink and has ruffles. LOL) But I really need to get on the finishing of my mom's sweater!!!! I need to pick up and knit the second front edge and the neck, and then block and take care of any finishing needs! Her bday is in 2 weeks so I still have time, but I better get it done!

Well today is sunny and nice, I am stuck at work, and 80% of the office is not here. Then the husband sends me a note saying HE is going home at noon. AUGH. It is going to be a loooooong afternoon....

UPDATE: Here is a pic of the dog sweater:


Told ya it was girly!

1 comment:

Designated Knitter said...

The shrug looks great! Good job! (Love the ruffles on the dog sweater!)