Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Last minute Christmas Knitting continues....

OK here goes!

1. A Christmas gift to myself... I ripped out and reknit the lower section of the sleeves on my hourglass sweater....(can you tell which sleeve has been reknitted? hehe)


They were beautiful but too long and too wide.


Now they are a lot more manageable and won't get so caught in my coat sleeves! Yay!!!!!

2. Noro striped scarf - DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Isn't she beautiful????????????????????????


Noro is magic. This is another christmas present to myself... Wow, so far this list is awfully selfish!!! :-/


Sorry, I had to take a million pics of this scarf... it is really photogenic, no???

3. Finally, a present for someone else! I just need to figure out who. Originally I was using the leftovers from Holden's blanket to make him a matching hat... (cute, no?)


Well apparently I suck at swatching and at doing math, because it came out a teensy bit big...


YES - it fits MY head. I am going to take it with me when I see the nephews at christmas and hope it fits one of the kiddos with the brim turned up. If not,... I will (sigh) rip it out and try again. Bleh!

4. TIE FOR MY DAD!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Sorry it is blocking... I will get cuter shots later but ZOMG ITS DONEEEEEEEEE! Those teensy metal needles really cramp up my hands so it is a big relief. Also for those of you not paying attention, I had this scarf almost half done back in AUGUST for my dad's birthday present... OOPS.... at least he will get it for xmas!


Here it is compared to a store bought tie I was using as a template!

I am on vacation this week so expect more knitting! Yay! For now I am exhausted so I am off to bed... hope everyone is staying safe and warm in this icy winter weather!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm so impressed - they are all so pretty! I think my favorite is the scarf as well. Hope you have a merry Christmas!