Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Blankie-tastic!

Monday I played hooky and used a "personal day" to go visit the SIL and her fam in Indy!


Aren't we adorable? lol

We had a great day, celebrated her hubby's bday, went to lunch and the library...AND... we finished Holden's blanket!!!!!!!!



It turned out great! All we did is we each cast on 90 stitches. We each had 4 balls of Knitpicks Swish Bulky in the same 4 shades. Random striping ensued. Finally, we decided upon a three needle bind-off yesterday which worked GREAT! You can't even tell where our two halves were joined. Yay for no seaming! (lots of weaving in ends though). What did the recipient think?


Well he was a little sleepy from his nap, but we think he likes it :-)

Also I am making progress on my Noro scarf.... I LOVE it!!!!! I want to wear it soon... hopefully....

Oh! and I finally found buttons and finished the slippers for my mom:



I am happy with how they turned out... I hope she likes them!

Stay warm everyone! Brrrrrrr!

4 comments:

Mare said...

1. yes, we are adorable!
2. holdie loves the blankie!
3. thanks for visiting yesterday!
4. your mom's slippers are supa cute!

Designated Knitter said...

What a great blankie! And I love the slippers - you do beautiful work!

Clumsy Ninja said...

Oh! I love the slippers!

Anonymous said...

nice work, lauren!