Friday, November 21, 2008

Cabled neckwarmer

This project is still going well.... I am at 17.5 inches... very close!!!!



I worked on my dad's tie a little last night... gotta get that done, although the tiny metal needles hurt my hands after awhile so I need to spread the knitting out. (no picture... ill take one later)

I have one slipper completed for my mom and the next is started, BUT I ran out of yarn, the color "Sand Dune" (swish superwash worsted). To my dismay, they no longer carry that colorway, so I have resorted to BEGGING people on ravelry. No responses yet, I really hope someone will sell me one measly skein... :-( The slippers will be so cute if I can ever finish them! Pattern is here.


(picture is of the first slipper almost complete)
(P.S. applied i-cord rocks!)

I am not knitting the strap on these, since my mom doesn't like the "mary jane" style, but I want to add a felted flower or a button or something to them for embellishment. Let me know if any of you have a good idea or pattern!

Lately I have been swimming in knitpicks yarn. I've gotten a pile of yarn in Swish Bulky to make a blanket for my nephew.. his mom (my new SIL) and I are going to each knit half, just like we did for his big brother.


Love those colors together!!!!!

The other pile of yarn I have is swish worsted, to make a really cute turtleneck shrug (from the book Scarf Style) for my friend and former maid of honor Megan. She is super awesome and paid for both the yarn AND the book. Of COURSE I will knit her anything she wants for that price!!!!! :-D It will be really cute as black with pale green stripes.



Other christmas knitting... not much...I made a few dishcloths to donate to a friend (hi carrie!) who is planning dishcloth gifts for her whole family (just trying to be a good knitter and take some of her pressure off!).

OK i better get back to work. Lunch breaks are too short!

Oh and one more pic of that cabled neckwarmer... same picture but I inverted the colors, i thought it looked cool.. haha...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for yet another dishcloth!!!!