Saturday, December 29, 2007

Yarn yarn yarn yarn

So the best Christmas present of all was the opening of a LYS in Fort Wayne... we had been without one for many many months after the closing of Cass Street Depot. But So far, "Knitting off Broadway" seems to be a hit!!!!

I bought some Cashsoft for fetching or other gifts:


And some of this "Burly Spun" from the Brown sheep company, hopefully to make one of the Yarn Harlot's unoriginal hats:


Woot!!!! It is so nice to be able to get fancy yarn and not have to pay shipping again!

I also got a skein of Dream in Color Classy (colorway "Spring Tickle") through Designated Knitter so we can knit gifts for our coworker who bought us lunch:


I am making fetching gloves obviously... its just such an easy & pretty pattern, I guess you can tell I like it! (How many have I made now???) So pretty.... I <3 Dream in Color!

I also got some yarn using a Christmas giftcard I got for Michaels. I got some Bernat bamboo naturals in a light green:


(Sorry it's hard to see the color!)

and also some more Patons SWS because who doesnt love it!!!! This colorway is "Natural Earth":


WHEW!!! So much yarn lately. Well its a good thing that my fiance HAND BUILT me my very own...


YARN CABINET THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoooooooo!!!!

He is so sweet, and the handiest of handymen for sure. Isn't it beautiful??? Better than anything I could ever buy in a store. :-) He bought all the cool little storage boxes for it too. (Of course I added all my yarn soon after he unveiled it lol)

What a good Christmas!!!!!!!! Hope everyone else had a happy one too!
From, Me and the Penguin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I saw your post via Ravelry. That cabinet looks fantastic! And I'm so jealous that you made it over to the new yarn store already. You wouldn't happen to know their hours or a phone number, would you? I'll have time to go tomorrow, but want to be sure they'll be open.

Anonymous said...

FYI...Made a felted purse out of the Paton's SWS. Turned out beautifully!