Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Hiking Scarf #2

This last weekend I started an Irish Hiking Scarf for myself! I have been meaning to make another one, since I enjoyed making the first one for my dad so much...

At a knitting party the other weekend, I got FREE YARN (woot), which was Plymouth Encore Bulky. Well I cast on with it, and after some pattern adjusting I came up with this:


I modified the pattern to only use 2 cables and also have less rows between the cable rows. Looks pretty decent, eh?

If I can any leftover, Designated Knitter has convinced me to make a matching Irish Hiking Headband. I hope there will be enough! :-)

In other news (I almost typed "knews" there... LOL must have knitting on the brain) I completed an adorable "toasty topper" (from knitty.com) for my nephew for xmas:


Thanks to my teddy bear for modeling! haha. I hope the recipient actually wears it (instead of ripping it off like he does with most hats!)

Also I finished a secret xmas project which will be disclosed after xmas. If you want to see it, you may check on my ravelry.com (where it is safe LOL)

OK good luck with the last days before xmas everyone!

P.S. In other news I have been back on weight watchers for 3 weeks and have lost 6.2 pounds!!!!! Wedding dress, here I come! lol

2 comments:

Macoco said...

Your scarf looks beautiful, I think a matching headband would be so cool! Congrats about WW!!

Natalie said...

Hi! You don't know me, but I posted a question to you on your Ravelry about this scarf. I'm hoping you could share with me your "pattern" for reducing the scarf to 2 cables!? It's beautiful! Thanks, Natalie