Tuesday, April 04, 2006

FREE?!?




THANK YOU CYNTHIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cynthia, who is the best knitting buddy ever, gave me some of this cool vintage yarn that she got a whole ton of for free from one of her friends! I am excited, especially since my stash is pretty much nonexistent. (teeny tiny) Woo yarn! Now I have to see what the heck I can make from this stuff. All of it consists of two strands held together... which I haven't knitted with yet, so that should be a good experience. Cynthia suggested making different patterned squares with each and then sewing them together to make a blanket, which is a good idea. I hope to try and play with this yarn a bit during lunch today!

I love the cream/rose colored combo in the upper right... somehow that color combo makes it feel extra-vintage-y. Yay for making up adjectives! The blue/grey yarn is fun because the blue strand is kind of velvety.

What to make!!!!! If anyone has any cool ideas for any of these yarns, feel free to comment.

So last night was not too shabby... my parents are gone on vacation until thursday, so it's nice to have the house to myself. My brother was over, so I cooked up a quick dinner of one of those skillet sensation things and some frozen garlic bread. Super quick AND delicious, I am quite the cook (ha). Actually I felt guilty that I didn't REALLY do any cooking, so I made cookies...lol... jam thumbprint cookies, Mmmm.... I was going to bring them to work today, but I didn't have enough jam, so I think I will get some tonight and bring the cookies in tomorrow. Otherwise I will eat them all. And that will be bad, since the goal here is to LOSE weight.


peace out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh! Pretty yarn!