Wednesday, January 18, 2006

American Idol and knitting

Well I have two yellow stripes done now on my HP PoA scarf!!!! It is looking so good, and the Cascade yarn is wonderful to knit with. I am going to use as much of it as I can for my tetris scarf without going broke... heh.

So I watched American Idol last night, it was the first round show, so almost everyone was horrible. Pretty hilarious really. And Simon was making some really horrible remarks about the people too. Sure he's horrible, but it was fun to hear my mom gasp in horror every time he made fun of someone. Also, at the end, they had a montage of a bunch of non-winners singing the lady marmalade song, hahahaha... so so so bad. I would be in the losers group with them though. My talent is not singing. I mean, I can keep myself from going off-key, thank goodness, but that's as far as it goes. Not like I am really upset about that though. I mean, as much as I would love to humiliate myself on national TV...

And it snowed! Finally it looks like January should look like outside. I was getting really sick of the rain, because we will have enough of that in the spring. I wasn't super thrilled when I had to clean off my car... but I don't mind taking the good with the bad. If only people could grasp the concept that even though it snowed, the plows salted and swept the highway clean, so you DONT need to go 35mph on a road with a 65mph speed limit. Really, it's okay. See the clean blacktop? You can go fast on it! I promise. Snow on the shoulder will not jump out and get you. At least in my experience, it hasn't.

OK back to work... someone go make a snowman for me!!!!

***---Addition 1/22---***



This shows the colors the best...














Look at that progress, whew! :)

No comments: