Sunday, March 20, 2011

"Where did these come from?" Part 2

Continuing our parade of unspeakable horrors, or as some would say "projects I threw aside in a fit of passion for some other knitting project that was WAY more important"...

Second in the 2-item lineup, we have a pair of socks I cast on in April of 2008.

Yes folks, 2008. Sheesh!!!!!!! Here is the amazing progress I made in 2008:


It started off so well... I was excited to make "real" socks.... I even took it with me when I went to meet the Yarn Harlot! (post: here)

What happened in 2009 and 2010? Who knows! I guess I just wasn't feeling the love for this, or something? NO idea. I wish I had thought about picking it back up, because it literally took me like a WEEK to finish knitting that half-sock above and then the OTHER ENTIRE SOCK.



Seriously people. DON'T be me. Finish knitting your socks before the years slip by! Ok I'm probably the only person who would fling a sock aside for YEARS thinking it wasn't fun, only to discover how quick and portable they are. And cute!



Yay socks! They fit my feet so well, it's nice. I originally went with this nice blue-black yarn thinking they would be great to wear to the office with my dress pants.... Oops! I guess that ship has sailed! (I'm rocking the SAHM thing!) Oh well, I think my 5 month old daughter will appreciate me wearing stylish handmade socks around the house, right???



This is my first "real" pair of socks too... I technically knit my first pair in 2007 (blog post here), but I used worsted weight yarn, so they are more like slipper socks. They fit nicely, but are just a little too thick to wear in "regular" shoes, if you know what I mean! This pair of socks seem more official to me, since I used sock weight yarn, and they should be fine in shoes!

I'm not sure if this is the end of my startitis binge, or if I will tackle this lace scarf from 500 BC. Just kidding, I started it in... 2007? Wait, WHAT? I guess I am working backwards here!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job!