Sunday, March 06, 2011

FO: February Lady Sweater

I finally got a chance to have Greg take some nice photos of me in my FINISHED February Lady Sweater!!!! YES that's right folks, FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!! It only took me (almost) an entire year... but I made it just in time. Done and done!



I was a bit worried that it would be too tight around the bust, but it blocked out beautifully! Actually I think I nearly blocked it out too large (have to remember when you wear a sweater it will "hang" (stretch) on your body), but it ended up fine.




An interesting thing is I ended up with a TON of leftover yarn! Like 7 skeins. Ridiculous, huh? That is like 700 extra yards I ordered. I really thought I carefully calculated the yardage using the pattern and ballband, but maybe it's a gauge thing. Oh well... I really can't complain about extra yarn! (Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Kettle Dyed)




Anyway I am pretty darn happy with it....I might sew up the buttonholes a little bit so they are "tighter". What's funny is I definitely felt a little "lost" without this thing on the needles! 






Since I completed the sweater I've been working on a few little things I will post about soon, but right now let's all revel in a FINISHED OBJECT!!!!!!!! (Maybe someday I will be able to knit sweaters for myself a LITTLE faster!)

3 comments:

Mare said...

It's fabulous! Great job!

Unknown said...

Woohoo!

courtney said...

omg. that's amazing.
also, you can just knit me one with that left over yarn. LOL