Saturday, March 19, 2011

"Where did these come from?" Part 1

I don't know how it happened, but I somehow contracted a case of Finishitis! If you know what that is, then you know how lucky I am to have caught it!! Please don't be scared, but I am about to resurrect 2 projects from the GRAVE! (Ok, perhaps not the grave, but from the bottoms of baskets or containers tucked away in random hidden locations in my house)

First up: a hand towel I started in August of 2009. (LOL)


I think the stiff cotton (I used some sugar n cream kitchen cotton) and long slightly boring middle section caused me to toss this aside time and time again in favor of more "fun" projects.



But FINALLY.... finally I got up the gumption and FINISHED IT! It really wasn't so bad :-)


I knit the middle section longer than what the pattern called for, because I wanted it to be the size of an actual average hand towel (I used one as a template). My towel turned out almost EXACTLY the same length, but slightly WIDER! Go figure.


(tan hand towel laid on top of my knitted towel.. yikes, too much TAN)

I am very happy with it, and I have decided to gift it to some friends who have built a house in the last year... it will be a nice belated housewarming present methinks! :-)


Stay tuned for more HORRORS FROM THE GRAVE! Oops... I mean, projects I am unearthing from long, long ago!

1 comment:

Mare said...

super cute towel!