Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Something for... ME!

Yes that's right folks, I actually knit something for myself! Try not and have a heart attack! It started at the onset of winter - I realized I owned some knitted scarves but NO fingerless gloves.... for shame! (my poor cold hands!)

Luckily for me, I have many skeins of beautiful yarn at my disposal. I went upstairs to peruse the stash and settled upon some GORGEOUS madelinetosh Tosh Vintage that Cynthia had picked up for me last year from STITCHES midwest!



Isn't it drool worthy? I wanted a pattern that would show off the beautiful mottled coloring, and I had done a pattern recently that I thought would be perfect. So I made my own pair of "Susie's Reading Mitts"! (Pattern here)


I love them sooooo much! When I wore them to the grocery store the other day it was DANGEROUS!!! Why? Because while holding the steering wheel I was tempted to stare at my gloves in the sunlight rather than watch the road! LOL! So there's a warning to anyone knitting gloves with MadelineTosh!

3 comments:

Designated Knitter said...

Oh Lauren, those are beautiful! Excellent choice!

(Eyes on the road!!) ;-)

Unknown said...

Those are lovely!

courtney said...

i'd run myself off the road staring at them, too!
amazing.
love.