Monday, February 07, 2011

Lots of knitting!

Whew, my needles have been busy lately. I keep getting distracted by small quick projects and procrastinating on my sweaters! Sheesh :)

First, I had a commissioned project for my friend Larissa. She had a mess of knitting gifts to get finished by a set date, and wasn't sure that she was going to make it, so I jumped in and knit up this "batman" mask on her behalf! She paid me for the yarn, and it knit up in 2 days!



Pattern: Zsa Mask  (Rav link)

My friend Candace said her and her mom were knitting preemie hats for charity, and I wanted to help out. I just finished knocking out 4 teeny tiny hats to contribute!


Those are from my own pattern:  Baby Cables Preemie Hats


These are modified versions of this hat: Pixie Hat.  I CO 46 stitches to make it more of a preemie size!

I also got in the mood to make a little something for Norah. Well actually Greg saw the tiny pixie hats I was making and said Norah needed one too :) So here's the "big girl" version for her! (CO 66 sts)


I added an applied i-cord tie to keep it on her head. I also had to make matching mittens to go with the hat!!!


So cute :) I improvised the pattern, just some 1x1 ribbing, then some stockinette, then decreases like at the top of a hat.

Next post: I finally knit something for MYSELF!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So many tiny things!