Friday, February 18, 2011

Fundraiser auction

One of the blogs that I follow, Before the Morning, is about a family with a little boy who has a skin condition called Epidermolysis Bullosa. Recently, the sweet mama Patrice who writes the blog found out about another little boy with that same skin condition in Russia - only that little boy is an orphan! The orphanage in Russia won't even take him since he has the skin condition (link to a page with more information about all this: here). Anyway, Patrice felt moved to try and help out the little boy, so she started a blog (Hope for Anton) to try and raise money to offset the cost of his adoption if a family decides to adopt him!

The reason I am talking about this is I felt like I could do something to help raise money, so I am knitting some things to donate that she can auction off! First up, I made a pair of my fav fingerless glove pattern:


Pattern: 75-yd Malabrigo Mitts, modified to add a thumb
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool

They are up on the blog (here) and already getting bids!!!! I am so glad that people actually want to buy them!

Anyway just wanted to share what was going on. Let's raise some money!!!!

No comments: