Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009: A look back

I guess since we're moving to a new DECADE I could be doing a look back on the decade, but considering I only started knitting about 4 years ago, I better just stick with this last year.

Overall I am pretty happy with my knitting progress this year! I made several things that were in a new category for me, such as an adult size vest (2 of them!), I made some really fun projects, and also in general got a good volume of knitting done for people!

The year started out with some baby knitting, as 2009 brought lots of wee ones to my friends and family members:



I made a cute keyhole scarf for my mom, and then I tackled my first big project and also a commissioned project (for megan), the turtleneck shrug from Scarf Style:


It turned out pretty cute, and megan says it has been keeping her warm this year! :-)

I made one of my favorite baby sets for a gift for my coworker's soon to arrive baby girl:

Totally "punk" baby, eh??? :-)

I made several baby and adult hats in general, and I did a cute owly vest for Holden for his first bday! One new technique I mastered this year was felting... my first and second projects were cute felted bowls like this:


I made some baby legwarmers, and this sweater is probably my fav baby girl sweater:


One of the funniest things I've ever knit was this finger mustache thing... LOL....


I knit a shrug for one of my friends in less than 2 weeks, that was crazy, but I got a delicious cake in exchange :)


And of course, I made a cardigan for my mom's birthday!!!! I am so glad she likes it :-)


Other new things... I knit a dog sweater, little bunnies, dishcloths, dishtowel, scarf, baby vest, baby mittens, lots more hats, its been fun!



I will post about my christmas knitting next, but for now, here's to another adventurous and fun year of knitting in 2010!!!!! Knit on!

1 comment:

YarnThrower said...

WOW -- You have a lot to show for your knitting this year! Nice work!

P.S. Did Cynthia finish her mom's sweater?