Saturday, November 21, 2009

Official Christmas Knitting List

OK folks, its almost Thanksgiving, so you know what that means..... its time for the 2009 Christmas Knitting List!!!!!!!!!!!! Time for me to list everything I am imagining I will finish in time to give as a Christmas present to some lucky recipient! Am I finally reasonable this year? Have I gone off the deep end with entrelac duvet covers? Let's find out!

1. Secret project - This is about 95% done and will definitely be ready on time! Probably because I started it back in JUNE. Apparently I knew it would take me awhile!

2. Vest for my dad - This one I have been trying to be good about working on, since its not even up to the armpits yet. Luckily its a VEST, so no sleeves. I am knitting it in the round also (original pattern is here: Peter Easy Vest) so I hope the rest will go quickly! Also... I hope my dad doesn't read this blog... hmm I should ask him sometime.



3. Gloves for mom - Done! As you saw in my last post, these are ready to go! Woot!

4. Kitchen towel - This is about 1/3 the way done, but I am not sure who I want to give it to yet.... so we will see about this project... hmmmmm

5. Hat for my brother maybe???? - still need to find a good pattern, something very plain and manly :-)

7. Another secret project that is not even close to done, and I probably am not going to even try.... buuuuut we will see. ;-)

Well thats not too bad. Hopefully dad's vest will go smoothly. I am also still working on some preemie hats for charity. I want to have at least 10 of them before I mail the package! They go so fast though!!!!

Hope everyone else's christmas knitting is going well! I am pretty good at helping other people (ahem, cynthia) at paring down their outrageous lists, so if you need any help, let me know ;-)

2 comments:

YarnThrower said...

I love that vest pattern -- timeless!

YarnThrower said...

PS Good luck getting Cynthia to be reasonable about what she can knit before Christmas... Sounds like you're the person for the job :-)