Saturday, November 21, 2009

Glovies!

These have been done for a few weeks, but cross one xmas gift off my list: Gloves for my mom!


It started when my mom took me shopping for my birthday in October. While perusing the hat/glove/scarf section at a store, she saw some cute (abet fingerless) gloves that had a little strap across the wrist fastened with a button. I immediately took a mental note that I could make something like that for xmas!


When searching Rav, I wasn't finding anything that I really wanted, so I used a plain glove pattern and added my own strap! How did it turn out??? Well thanks to the PERFECT buttons I found at a fabric store in Indy...


They are perfect! Hope mom likes them!


(like the camera strap in that pic? oops! hehe)

1 comment:

YarnThrower said...

You are brave to tackle gloves! When I'm making mittens, I always hate the part when I have to knit the thumbs, and a glove has five "thumbs," and you have to make two of them. Blech. In any case, yours turned out lovely! And, nice accent with the little strap! Your mom will love them...