Friday, January 09, 2009

First FOs of 2009

9 days into the year and already I am on a roll!!!!!

Due to the large amount of babies I have heard will be born this year, I thought I'd get a jump on my baby knitting.

Booties:


MORE booties:


Yes, they are the same yarn and same pattern... the pattern I have made before. I included the holes so I can put cute I-cord ties in them, but my plan is to wait until I hear the sexes of the babies and then I can make either a pink or blue cord. That way I got some knitting done ahead of time, but at the same time they can be gender-personalized!

On the needles:

A commissioned project.... my first! My best bud Megan (who was my maid of honor at my wedding) found a picture of a really cute turtleneck shrug online and asked if I could make it for her. I was excited to try, so I researched and found the pattern in the book Scarf Style. Megan, being so awesome, not only bought me the book but also bought all the yarn needed for the project! (She and I picked out some Knitpicks Swish Superwash in colors Black & Bok Choy)

Here is my current progress.... one sleeve done!

It looks skinny but its all 3x3 rib and its soooo stretchy and awesome! :-)

No comments: