Saturday, April 12, 2008

ITS A MIRACLE

THE HOURGLASS. IS. DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



(Blocking)

OMG ITS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Start Date: Like Feb of 2007?!?? Or earlier? WHO KNOWS?
End Date: April 12, 2008
Yarn: 7 skeins of Knit one Crochet Too Parfait Solids in "Dusty Lilac"

YAY!



Yes. It is off the needles. I spend the whole day weaving in ends and kitchenering the armpit holes shut and tacking down the hems and ALL THAT JAZZ. Whew.



But: its BLOCKING. its DONE. I could WEAR IT TO WORK MONDAY OMG!!!!!!!!!!

<3 My First Sweater <3

I am proud.

Oh, and I made this little bear lovie/toy for a friend's little boy:



Yarn: 1 skein of Crystal Palace Puffin in "Dotty Blues" and some scrap black wool for the face.
Pattern: Lion Brand's Bunny Blanket Buddy



Only mod was I didn't knit bunny ears, but fashioned bear ears by just knitting a few rows and then doing a few decreases. It was well received by the little guy (he started chewing on it). Lol.

3 comments:

YarnThrower said...

Congrats on your sweater! It looks nice on the floor, though hope to see a snapshot of you wearing it!

The little bear toy is cute...

Designated Knitter said...

Oy yay!! That's wonderful - it looks BEAUTIFUL!!

Macoco said...

Congratulations on finishing the hourglass!!!!! It looks beautiful. I hope you enjoy wearing it!