Monday, September 17, 2007

cotton baby hat



Surprise! yesterday I started this baby hat. I have had this ball of kitchen cotton, a gift from M (thank you!) for awhile and love the colors.... I was trying to think of something to make with it. Cast on for a dishcloth, didnt like it. Ripped out. Ah ha! A cute cotton baby hat. Perfect for my friend A who just had her baby I am hoping she could use a little hat to keep her baby's head warm in the cool (but not cold) fall season. :D I used another cotton hat pattern to find a number to cast on (72). It said it was for a 0-6 month baby, so I hope mine fits OK. But I am also knitting this on size 6's... because that is the biggest size double points I had. OK fine, I have size 7's but they are METAL and I HATE THEM. lol. Large size metal double points are NOT my friend, lesson learned the hard way on my first socks.

I love how it is pooling... with the dark color on one side and the light on the other, and the cool stripey in-bewteen. I know, wierd, right? I mean, who in their right mind likes pooling? Oh well I don't care, I think its cool... haha.

Have a good monday everyone!

No comments: