Friday, April 06, 2007

Sleeve dilemma

So, you know that baby sweater I am making? I am holding two yarns together. Unfortunately, I do not have enough of the darker blue color to make two matching sleeves. (Boo!) The yarn was from a learn to knit kit... which I just went to michaels and checked, and which they still have (!!!) BUT now the kit comes with purple variegated yarn. Lame! I did find the kit with the color I need on Ebay, but I am hesitant to use that site, since I put my money in the hands of a possibly untrustworthy stranger. (on the other hand, I have no qualms with giving amazon.com my money, haha!)

I also went to Hobby Lobby and searched for similar yarns I could possibly substitute for my darker blue. This is what I found:


On the left: Red Heart, regular acrylic, lighter blue.
In the middle: My lonely bit of beautiful mystery yarn.
On the right: Caron Super Soft, soft/shiny acrylic, slightly darker blue.

I am going to swatch properly this weekend and might enlist you bloggers to help me choose. So far it seems like I should go with the red heart, since putting two Caron yarns (the light blue I am holding with it is Caron also) together would make the sleeves too "shiny".

And dont worry everyone, last night I got a good 5 rows or so done on my Hourglass. Neglected no longer!!!!! :-)

TGIF!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe do some stripes of the variegated on the sleeves with the rest all blue?