Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Brrrrrrrr

So the high today was like 30 degrees and it is SNOWING. I mean, it's freaking APRIL!!!!!!!! Ugh!!! I cannot wait until next week, when I go visit my friend in Florida. WOOT! But come on people... this is not natural:


Global warming, where are you?

Onto the knitting. OK, so I would say that April's theme will be: "distracted". That is because I have been neglecting a few things:

The second sock. I have a little bit of second sock syndrome, but I plan on maybe working on it tonight. I am just glad I have it started, that is the tough part!


The neglected hourglass... hiding under my end table all forlornly. Dont worry little guy! I pulled you out and put you on the coffee table, and I am going to work on you as soon as I am done blogging, I swear!


Cynthia went to see the Yarn Harlot in Ann Arbor this last weekend, and kindly picked me up a copy of her latest book. Unfortunately, they couldn't stay and get it signed(the line was huge and they had to get home before it was crazy late), but she was so kind to get it for me anyway! I am almost halfway through and it's a great book!!!!


SO... what has been distracting me from my poor sock and lonely sweater??? Why, another sweater of course! But this one is for a baby:


So cute! and size 10 needles + holding 2 yarns together = fast knitting.


In fact, I finished the back at lunch today and even sewed the shoulders together! (it is a boatneck sweater)


Thanks to my penguin that lives on my desk at work for modeling. (It was a bit big on him) But that was the first thing I have ever seamed together! Fairly exciting. This sweater is very simple, but I figure its good practice for when I have to seam up my hourglass! (P.S. The light blue is Caron Simply soft that I used for my baby blanket, and the dark varigated blue is mystery acrylic yarn that came from a learn to knit kit!)

OK everyone think warm thoughts and maybe spring will come back (pleeease)... Bye!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nobody puts Hourglass in the corner.

/dork

Designated Knitter said...

Ahh....or how about
"I carried an Hourglass"

Macoco said...

Poor, poor hourglass, sniff. ;)

The baby sweater is just so adorable.