Wednesday, March 07, 2007

some knitting, some baking, its all good

Happy wednesday! Halfway through the week, yay. Well I havent been updating with anything interesting lately, so here is all the fun I have been having so far this week:


Yarn and a magazine from Jessica! I got the pleasure to visit with her this last weekend, and being the generous person she is, she gave me yarn AND a knit1 magazine! THANKS JESS!

Finished hat!


This is a hat I made for my neighbor. I just gave it to him today, he said he liked it. I hope he actually wears it sometime (although it's getting warmer out!)

And... check this out.....

My first sock! Obviously in progress, but woo! Cynthia is teaching a sock class at work during lunchtime (see why my blog is called knitting at lunch??) and I am excited to learn how to do the heel next week. :-) Thanks Cynthia!!!! (P.S. why does my leg look huge in every picture I took?)

Let's see.... OK no further progress on the sweater, because ive been sock knitting, but I do have several MORE projects waiting in the wings (just what i need!):

These are just in case i dont have ENOUGH to knit... the yellow chenille is waiting to be come a facecloth, and the kitchen cotton another ballband for a gift. Mason Dixon Knitting, curse you for having such cool projects! Lol.

Oh and I made brownies! Well, brownie "cupcakes"!


They didnt turn out half bad! I used a recipe I found online. Here is the inside of one:


Crunchy edge, chewy outside, and moist center... perfect texture! Still not sure about the flavor. It was good, but seems like i could have added something to give it an extra kick. But hey, im not complaining!!!! I ate one just fine. :D

OK well hope everyone has a good rest of their week, and keep on knittin'!

4 comments:

YarnThrower said...

YAY!! Socks!!!! Did Cynthia warn you that they are really addicting?

Lauren said...

Haha, she told us all the wonderful reasons to knit socks! I am just excited to be able to say that I am a sock knitter. :-) Hopefully next week I will be turning heels like a pro...

Unknown said...

I'm jealous about your sock knitting teacher!

I found a few more skeins of that yarn BTW. I should have just given you all of it. I don't know any babies!

Clumsy Ninja said...

Ello! I found your blog through Jess. I hope you don't mind that I wandered over here to take a look.

Your socks look like they are turning out well! I've just recently taught myself to knit, but I'm still on easy stuff!