Tuesday, March 20, 2007

sock that ROCKS

Woo! Today was totally awesome. With the patient and kind Cynthia looking over my shoulder, I TURNED MY SOCK HEEL!!!!! Look:

It's a heel!!!! Amazing, no? Once I got it turned, it seemed a little less difficult, but I definitely could not have done it without Cynthia's guidance. THANKS C! (by the way, it is being knit with grey and green Cascade 220, if i already didnt mention that)

Oh, and here is the sneaky ballband that I finished last week: (like my artsy shot?)

Why is it sneaky? Because when starting it, I got cocky and was like... I've made many ballbands! I have the pattern memorized! I am awesome! And then proceeded to cast on TWO TIMES with both times ending in the pattern not coming out. Finally, i swallowed my pride and looked up the pattern. My problem? Cast on 45, NOT 40. hahahaha. C had a good laugh at my expense on that one. ;-)

Anyhoo, I am glad to be feeling better this week! Got a little progress (a few more rows) done on my hourglass. I will try to get a pic this week, but its still not very exciting to look at (well to me it is).

bye!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous that you have an experienced sock knitter nearby for questions!

I love the colors of that ballband. Very spring!

YarnThrower said...

Okay, NOW I understand all of the comments about the number of stitches. 45!! 45!! (but, just to confuse you, 33 also works.....)

Designated Knitter said...

You did a GREAT job on that heel - you're really good at figuring out directions!

Marie N. said...

Well done! They will feel so good on your feet.

Macoco said...

Your first heel looks fabulous!

Ginnie said...

Great job on the sock! I knit my first pair a few months ago, and I remember how exciting working the heel was:)

Clumsy Ninja said...

I love the color you picked for the socks! Congrats on the heel!