Saturday, October 14, 2006

WOW!!!!!

OMG so I found out that I have not ONE, but TWO extremely kind knitterly friends who both got me awesome birthday presents!

Number A, my knitting mentor Cynthia. She pulled a reversal on me, like one I did for her in the past.... she ordered me a present on Amazon and then had it delivered straight from them to me. When I did this to HER, and she found a package waiting at home, she thought, "Oh, I must have ordered this for myself and forgot that I did!" Later on it finally came out that I was the one who had ordered it, and she finally realized it was a gift ;-). With the present cynthia just gave me, it was delivered to my old address (my parents' house). My mom called me and was like, "You have a package here!". I didnt get around to picking it up from them for a day or so. During that day, I spent a lot of time trying to remember what the hell I ordered from amazon, and why it was sent to my parents house! LOL! So hey Cynthia, you got me back ;-). But without further ado, here is the present:

Woohoo!!! The yarn harlot's first book! You will have to excuse me for not stopping from reading it while taking the picture. This is so perfect, because I just bought myself her second book, and was thinking, man I really should have the first one too!!!!!!!!! so THANK YOU CYNTHIA so much! :-D You rock!

Number B: My newbie knitter friend Shawn. I had taught her to knit a few months ago, and she enjoyed it, but isnt quite as obsessed as I am becoming. :-) So last night when she showed up at my birthday party, she pulls out the most amazing present any knitter could ever ever wish to have:


YES - that is an ORIGINAL COPY of BARBARA WALKER's Treasury of Knitting Patterns.
Look at the date!!!!!!!!!!!


OMGOMGOMG! I knew she had this book, she had gotten it as a gift from her boyfriend's grandmother, and had shown it to me ( i was so jealous) and then she GIVES IT TO ME for a present, saying "you will get more use out of it than I will"...... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fondle the book lovingly:



WHAT A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Also: I realized that I have a stash. For real. It totally snuck up on me. IM A REAL KNITTER NOW!!!!! Embarrasing picture of sneaky stash pile crammed into corner of bedroom to hide from my friends: (in plastic bags in a poor attempt at organization)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha...you're funny. I wish I had've gotten you a knitting book now. Everyone's getting such notoriety for it. And do I see you wearing a "Hoosiers Outrun Cancer" shirt?