Friday, October 20, 2006

pathetic progress and field trip(s)

OK so, the ol' Harry Potter scarf. I searched back in my blog, and found a picture i had taken of the scarf in May (2006). In that picture I had 5 sets of yellow stripes on that scarf. That was 5 months ago.

Here is the scarf as of noon today:



6 MEASLY STRIPES!!!!!! Wow, talk about lack of progress, eh? I just have to remind myself that during that time i made several other projects (blanket, scarf, etc)... so I can't feel too bad, but still! Wow. But I did have to get another ball of the cascade 220 in the reddish color, so off to the yarn store with cynthia and girls from work!!!!!!


oops, whats that other yarn? It was on sale! I HAD to get it (ha)... it is an alpaca/merino/acrylic blend... its very subtle and pretty. I am thinking I might make a lacy scarf with it. (ooh, yeah lace! haven't done that yet...)

Oh! and Cynthia and I took a field trip to the post office too... what for you ask? To mail off our squares for grandmother purl! Here I am filling out my postcard, with both of our squares sitting in front of me:


I wonder what all the other people at the post office thought of us crazy chicks taking pictures and running around with handknitted blanket squares. Oh well ;-)

OK i have been sickly all week (I heart nyquil/dayquil) so I am going to relax! Have a good weekend everyone. :)

3 comments:

YarnThrower said...

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Lauren said...

Thanks yarnthrower... it's still hanging around, I need to take more vitamins!

Unknown said...

At least you're attempting to finish your HP scarf. I frogged mine and gave the yarn away.