Thursday, September 14, 2006

The porche has crashed into a wall.

OK yeah, so NO progress has happened on the "fetching" gloves since that last picture of the second cuff. I have a good excuse though! (kind of)... Well, I got a crazy idea that since I will be seeing my three young teenage female cousins (like ages 10, 13, 15 or something) this weekend, and since i might not see them again before christmas (they live in Seattle)... why not try and knit them all something by Saturday?

(OK, everyone see the insane-ness of this plan? THREE things by saturday? Hello, time????)

So I decided, Hey! Scarves are quick. Let me go find some fun and crazy yarn, and some size 13 needles, and see what i can do. So i went to Hobby Lobby (fun and crazy yarn capital of Fort Wayne) and found these:



Hah! The pink swatch is two yarns held together, the multicolored one is a ribbon yarn that is just fun on its own. I also have a skein of an "antique" white chenille yarn that I might make a more plain scarf out of for the eldest cousin. OK so! Now the time comes.... can I make three scarves and FAST???

Scarf #1!!!!!!:



Barely got it cast off and gave it mini-fringe with the LAST of the skein, but hey! Not too bad of a width for just one ball of the stuff. Besides, a scarf like this isn't for coverage, its just for fun. :-)

1 down, 2 to go.... but can I make it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can knit a scarf out of Bernat's Boa yarn in 3 hours on size 15 needles. I made so many of them last fall.

I'm almost done with my second fetching. I spent 4 hours in the auto shop today. I would have finished them there, but I didn't have any waste yarn.