Saturday, February 04, 2017

Rainbows for days

Hey everyone! Hope you are having a nice weekend. We have been battling an unending cough/cold/illness in our family for at least two solid months now, and it's really getting old. I am sick of the sickness!!! I took my kids to the pediatrician Friday and they both got diagnosed with ear infections! Poor kiddos. I am hoping now that we have medication that they feel better soon. It's breaking this mama's heart to see them feeling so ill!

On a much brighter note, I have been making them each a pair of cheerful rainbow mittens! Here is the pair I finished for my son:


I am over halfway done with my daughter's pair also!


Yes those are a lot of ends!!!! I haven't been weaving them in, just tying off and clipping the extra. It makes for a pretty-looking nest of yarn scraps when I finish a mitten! :) I am looking forward to getting a photo of the kids modeling their new mitts together... if they cooperate... hah. If you are a parent of young children you know what I mean! (cough-bribery-cough)

On Instagram I decided to participate in the "yarn love challenge", which is just a photo challenge thing for the month of February. So far my pics are mostly rainbow mittens, but I am trying to branch out!!! Here's a recap of the first four days:


If you want to follow along the rest of the month you can click over to my instagram in the sidebar to the right! :) Oh and I just saw that I now have over 50 followers!!! Wow! I might have to come up with some sort of giveaway or something. Hmmm!

No comments: