Sunday, July 01, 2012

It's July???

Whoops it's suddenly July! I guess I should do a wrap up of anything that came off my needles in the past few months! I haven't worked much on that blue cowl (surprise surprise, because it's for ME).

OK this one is actually from April?!? I made a cowl as a birthday gift for my friend Natalie. I used some yarn I had reclaimed from an old navy sweater and it's really nice... has some wool and I think even a touch of angora? Anyway I had fun modeling it for my project photos :) I really want one for myself now!

Pattern: Columbia Cowl

I also made some preemie and baby hats, and a ballband dishcloth (which pulled me out of a knitting funk where I was not in the mood to do anything! Scary!!!)

Then after finding out the sex of my cousin's baby-to-be, (Boy!) I got to working on a few things:

Pattern: Baby Sophisticate

Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Encore

I liked the pattern but I made the 6-12 month size and it came out newborn.... yikes. So keep that in mind if you want to make it. The arms were long enough for a 6 month old but it would barely button around my friend's 2.5 month old kid.... sooooo thats why it is going to my cousin (was originally making it for a baby who is already born, oops).

I also threw together this "Phoenix Suns" hat - I hope the basketball button makes them realize it is in team colors! hehe!

Whew - Still more to share!!! Hope you guys aren't getting tired :)

My friend from college (she's the one who made those cool knitting cookies!) is pregnant again... with TWINS! She found out they were going to have 2 girls (woot!), so along with passing on some of Norah's old clothes I made these hats:

Pattern: my own, notes here

Yarn: Leftover Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride bulky (they knit up so fast!)

And last but not least, mom's birthday present:

Pattern: Ilene Bag

Yarn: Sugar & Cream kitchen cotton

I followed another user's mods to make it slightly smaller than written, I think it turned out nicely. I think if I make it again I might make the strap a few stitches narrower, but it is comfortable on the shoulder. Anyway I think mom liked it! Happy birthday! :-)

3 comments:

Shateen said...

sheesh, you were BUSY in June! fabulous!!!

Natalie DeWitt said...

YESSS!!!! Wrap it around your head! That's what I'm talking about!

I LURVE my cowl and I can't wait to wear it without getting it sweaty!!!

Lauren said...

I need to fix this... these are May & June projects :)