Monday, May 21, 2012

Baby owls to match

Remember how I made my friend Erin the owls sweater? Well as soon as I finished her sweater I started thinking about what to do with the leftover yarn I had. (Remember I accidentally bought way too much yarn? Oops :)

My lovely SIL Mare had made a baby owl sweater for Norah, and it got me thinking about Erin's daughter (who is almost the same age as Norah!). It just seemed too perfect, so I had to do it - I had to make a MATCHING owls sweater for Erin's daughter!!!!

I used the same buttons and everything. I tried to make a 2T size so that her daughter can wear it this fall!

I am so excited to eventually see a photo of them wearing their sweaters together! I will definitely share it here when that happens! Yay :-)

In other news, I started the Casu Cowl for myself using some beautiful yarn my husband got me for my birthday ages ago...

...but it's going slow. I was knitting it lever style for awhile, but I really think the whole Yarn Harlot class broke me. LOL. I've been in a knitting funk and haven't been doing much at all. By the end of next week I should know the gender of my cousin's baby so I can start some knitting for her! In the meantime, does anyone else get into a bit of a mood? Where you don't feel like knitting much? What do you do to get out of it... should I go upstairs and roll around in my stash? Haha!

No comments: