Saturday, February 04, 2012

Mid-weekend recap

TGI...weekend! I had a great day thanks to my parents, who babysat while G and I caught a movie. It's been forever since I went to a theater! We saw "Red Tails" which we enjoyed. Lots of action & suspense!

Anyway, let's get to the knitting. The aforementioned blanket project that I'm doing with my SIL has stalled out as we had to switch patterns - we realized that with the pattern we had and the amount of yarn we bought it was going to be a super short blanket. Oops :) Our new plan is to make the Radiating Star blanket. Stay tuned because I'm supposed to be casting this on. M: I will do that as soon as I finish...


...this baby sweater! LOL. Since we had a lull with the blanket I was getting itchy and had to cast something on. G's cousin is expecting a baby boy this year. I had made them those cream-colored baby pants previously (pre-ultrasound), but now that I know they are having a boy I wanted to make something boy-ish! I scrounged around in my stash and found some Cascade superwash in a pretty blue-green, and some naturallycaron.com Country in dark grey. Pattern is the Mossy Jacket. Today I just found some buttons at that almost match the blue-green color. Woo!

Let's see....I borrowed my friend Erin's favorite store-bought sweater that I am going to measure and use as a template to help me make her Owl sweater, so that's good. I just need to work on it!

In non-knitting news we finally got some snow. Yay!

No comments: