Sunday, January 22, 2012

R.I.P. Pom pom

I made this cute striped toddler hat back in 2007 out of some buttery soft Rowan RYC Cashsoft: I didn't really have a recipient to give it to, so I hung onto it. Well now that I have a daughter, I got it out this past fall and lo and behold it fit great! We've been using it a lot since it's so soft and stretchy. Unfortunately though, N discovered that I am a poor pom-pom maker, and that she could pull bits of yarn out of the pom pom. She still is in the phase where she likes to put little bits of things in her mouth, so this was getting frustrating! :-) The other day I finally did some surgery and removed the sad, falling apart little pom pom.Anyone think I should try and replace it? I'd have to use a different yarn since I no longer have the original stuff. Or is it fine as is? Thanks!

2 comments:

Shateen said...

I, myself, am a fan of pom poms... ;)

Mosier Farms said...

I love pom poms! Can you salvage the yarn pieces from your original pom pom and try to match up the blue from hobby lobby or michaels? Maybe you could mix the two colors and come up with another pom pom. Good Luck!! I'm sure it will be fine no matter what you choose to do. :)