Monday, October 31, 2011

Round 2

After finishing up the baby legwarmers and hat for my hubby's pregnant cousin #1 (having a girl), I moved onto the second couple, who are having a boy! I thought this pattern would make him look like a cute little baby elf boy:


I am missing the button in the photo, but it's a cute little brown one!
Pattern: Vintage Pixie Cap from Vintage Knits for Modern Babies
I used worsted yarn so I only cast on 60 sts (trying to make a 0-3 month size)

And I whipped up some bootie/socks to match:


That is probably one of my fav baby sock patterns. (Link: Layette from Itty Bitty Nursery)
It's constructed just like a regular sock, but on worsted yarn and in the tiny baby size it goes SO fast! I knit the foot a little shorter than the pattern specifies (probably like 2.5 inches long instead of three before the toe).

Now for pregnant cousin #3.... I have cast on these pants: Kanoko Pants
We will see if I can get them done by Saturday! Go go go!

4 comments:

Jen said...

A friend of mine has done several pairs of those pants. They're so cute! Almost makes me want to venture beyond knitting scarves and dishcloths!

Lauren said...

Oh cool, I've never made them before, but I've done other baby pants. I like all the stitch textures on them. If you haven't done anything besides scarves and dishcloths, get on it girl!!! A simple hat, or even fingerless gloves would be super easy and fun. Or do the pants, you can do it!

Jen said...

I have to admit, I'm more of a crocheter. My crochet list is much more diverse. And too much knitting bothers my wrists. (I have self diagnosed tendonitis in my wrists.)

Mare said...

I love that green!