Friday, October 07, 2011

Recoup

After a rough week or so of knitting progress (See: ripping out EVERYTHING), I decided to take "time off" of my projects to knit something silly. Looking around, I noticed the antique doll cradle that my great-great grandfather made by hand for my great grandmother. It has been passed down through my mom to my daughter to play with. How cool is that? Also, why did I never get to play with it as a kid? MOM??? Ha! Well earlier today when I put Norah's cabbage patch doll in there, the doll's head went THUNK against the wood. I thought, "this thing needs a mattress!"... And so, I knit one:


I held some worsted white acrylic yarn I had lying around, held double on US10 needles. Knit for 5.5 inches, did a purl round, knit another 5.5 inches, and sewed up all sides. I was going to put some fiberfill inside, but that made it too pillowly. After sewing it up I realized it was a bit too small to fit in the space... so instead of screaming and throwing it across the room I did an applied i-cord. WHEW :)


Also, a week or two ago I whipped up this tiny little bib for Norah's dollies:


It's based on this garter stitch bib pattern (Rav link), but I just made it much smaller :) I think I CO 20sts, and cast off 10 for the strap part. Quick and fun. Norah tries to rip it off if I put it on her doll... oh well!


Sometimes the silly little projects are the best.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm having issues too! I just finally grabbed some cotton last night and started a dishcloth while Blaine watched football. I'm going to keep knitting those until I feel like I have my knitting back!