Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Parade of Hats

Woah, I haven't blogged in a MONTH! Eek.... I get so caught up in reading other people's blogs I forget about mine! Sorry again.... jeez... someone needs to get on me about blogging! :)

OK time for another catchup: This time, its a parade of hats! Apparently that is all I can knit!

Pink baby hat? done & gifted to Larissa for her little girl coming this summer!


Green baby "toddler" hat? done and waiting to find out who it will go to.


Mom's sweater? second sleeve is 3/4 way done. (no picture, nothing exciting to see)

I made "newborn" sized baby hats to use in sets with the booties I completed at the beginning of the year (I finally finished the ties to thread through the booties finally).
for a little boy:


for a little girl... yes i know the hat stripes and bootie ties don't match... I ran out of purple :( but they are still cute together!


And I made this super sweet baby bonnet out of my Last Minute Knitted Gifts book:


I love it!!!! I need to make booties to go with it now.

Currently: Hat problems! Apparently even though I have made a million hats this year I am still not able to judge size. Or maybe I just need to pay attention to gauge :-) Hmmm who would have thought that was important???

I had finished a hat for my coworker last week...I knitted the entire thing once and it looked like this:


Kinda big, right? I wasn't too excited with the stripes either.I thought his head was bigger than mine and that it would fit...took it into work and had him try it on.... NOPE! Oops. Sooo... rip rip ripped it out.

Second try:


Muuuuch better! I will give it to him(again) tomorrow so cross your fingers!

Also I started a cute football helmet style hat from Itty Bitty Hats.... but I had to rip that one back too! EESH! Hopefully my mojo will get back on track soon....

One more secret FO but I can't blog about it till after this weekend.... hint: its for my nephew who will be turning ONE already! WHEW!

5 comments:

Designated Knitter said...

Wow!! Great looking hats! That pink ruffly one is adorable!

Andrea said...

Very cute! I can't decide which one I like the best - they are all so adorable! :)

YarnThrower said...

Is it a hat?

Unknown said...

i love, love, love that pink baby hat and am wondering if you have a pattern or can at least tell me how you did the ruffle edge and the detail between the holes. i'd love to make it for my friend's baby this weekend!

Lauren said...

The pattern is here for the ruffly brim baby hat:

http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTmissdashwood.html

thanks!!