Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hasta la vista, meatbag!

I've been working in secret on this project for my cousin Anna. She is getting married this summer to a wonderful guy Matthew. They have hung out with hubby and I several times and we all get along great. The men are both pretty geeky/nerdy. (Not that Anna and I aren't a little nerdy too!) Anyway I was trying to think of something fun/funny that was related to a nerd passion, like Harry Potter, LOTR, etc. I searched Ravelry for patterns and ended up finding the perfect thing to make....

"Bite my shiny metal ass!"

A "Bender" toilet roll cover. LOLOL. (If you don't recognize him, he is a character on the popular cartoon Futurama) It was kind of annoying because each part was knit seperately, but I veered from the pattern in knitting as much of it in the round as I could. All in all it wasn't too bad and didn't involve too much work! I think I made his head too small but otherwise he pretty much looks like bender.

And now for some more Bender quotes :)

"Yeah, well... I'm gonna go build my own theme park, with blackjack... and hookers! In fact, forget the park!"
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."
"If anything happens to me, tell them I died robbing some old man."
"This is the worst kind of discrimination: the kind against me!"
"Have you ever tried just turning off the TV, sitting down with your children, and hitting them?"
"Interesting. No, wait, the other thing: tedious."
"I'm sorry, guys. I never meant to hurt you. Just to destroy everything you ever believed in."
P.S. I did add an embroidered "door" outline on the frontside of his body, but I forgot to take a pic before I gifted him away :)

1 comment:

Anna said...

I heart Bender! He's perfect!