Thursday, December 30, 2010

Finish line

I have to wait to post my Christmas knitting until after my family does our Christmas tomorrow, but in the meantime I finished these fingerless mitts I started in like september...


Pattern: Susie's Reading Mitts

They are for a friend battling leukemia, and they match a hat that I made her last year! I hope she likes them.

The funniest part is I BARELY had enough yarn to make these. I started getting worried about halfway though the second glove, and had to knit "really fast" to squeak out the second thumb, but I made it!!!! Here is how much I had leftover:



Wow! :-) Here's hoping I am inspired to work on my other UFOs... they are TOO many right now!

3 comments:

YarnThrower said...

Nerve-wracking finish, but nice to not have to put any of the yarn back into stash :-) They look great!

court said...

THESE ARE AMAZING.

Unknown said...

I'm shocked by your amazing squeaking-it-out skills!! I love these so much. They might have to be added to the queue.