Sunday, August 29, 2010

August round-up!

Yeee haw, welcome to the August round-up! It's a hoedown of a hootenanny! OK, I will stop now... just trying to find a more exciting way to start a catch-up post on here!

This weekend I've felt super productive! Friday evening I finished Holden's tie sweater... yep, in the last post I had just cast it on, and here it is, all DONE! (Pattern is here: boys can wear pink)


Isn't it awesome??? I really loved the pattern. It was simple, but looks really cute. I want to order a bag of Swish and make these for all my friends' little boys now!!!

Another project I haven't even posted about is a baby bonnet and socks set I threw together for some friends who aren't finding out the sex of their baby due Nov 4th. I kept things neutral with a bright yellow and a non-frilly pattern (Aviatrix baby bonnet, and then the socks are from the Layette in Itty Bitty Nursery):


Turned out pretty cute... I haven't put a button on the hat yet, I can't decide to use a gender neutral one, or wait and put on a more cutesy-looking one if they have a girl! :-)

In stash enhancement news, Cynthia attended Stitches Midwest last weekend, and was kind enough to do my shopping for me! I gave her a little money and free reign to pick out whatever she thought I would like. Can I say that she did not dissapoint???? Check this beauty out!


Gorgeous, no???? It's Madeline Tosh "Tosh Vintage" in Baltic. I loooove the shades of blue in here. It's superwash too, which makes me want to make myself some fingerless gloves with this for the winter. Ooh I could even make matching baby mittens for my lil girl... wouldn't that be adorable? LOL!

I need to focus on her baby blanket first! That's my plan for today, so wish me luck. I've been unhappy with how the woven-in ends are looking. Due to the yarn being a cotton/acrylic blend, the yarn is not "grabby" enough to hold the ends down, and they keep popping out. I am trying something new - using sewing thread to secure the ends down instead of weaving them in! I think this is the best solution. Mare, if you are reading this (she is knitting the 2nd half of the blanket), I was thinking you could leave your ends "free" and I can sew them down myself!

Hope everyone has a lovely relaxing Sunday!!!! I can't believe August is almost OVER!!!???

2 comments:

court said...

oh!!!!
you have to get that more last minute knitted gifts book! there's a similar bonnet in there that i think you'll LOVE.
oh, and you absolutely MUST make matching glovies with your new yarn. that would be the cutest thing evah.

Mare said...

i've been weaving them in as i go, but i'll gladly stop and leave the rest for you. lol. everytime i stop and think...this is getting to be a nice sized blanket i look down and see HOW MUCH yarn is still left. i need to kick it into high gear. :)

also, holden's sweater is SO CUTE! he's going to look insanely dashing in it!