Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hippo's pants


Yes that's right folks, I had to make hippo some PANTS! The poor guy was running around all indecent!!! :-)


Again, I made this up as I went along.... I worked from the bottom up, knitting two tubes for the legs and then joining them with a couple increases for the body...I did one short row on the backside too. Then I did a foldover brim for the waist so I could do a drawstring waist (I thought that would look cooler than ribbing - and hippos need to be cool!) Oh and of COURSE a hole for his tail! Can't forget about that!


They were a lot of fun to make and now hippo can feel comfortable in public! ;-)

2 comments:

Natalie DeWitt said...

Hippo looks like he is ready to go for run now!

Anna said...

The hippo is adorable and those are, by far, the cutest hippo pants:)