Saturday, August 09, 2008

Grandpa Blanket 08

So I heard the unfortunate news that Jesmy's grandpa has cancer. I thought, hmm... what can I do as a nice gesture? And as a knitter? How about start a blanket!!!!!

I have made 2 squares so far, and have a promise from Cynthia to get some contributions as well. Then ill mail them off to Jess and she can sew up a nice blankie for her grandpa!


Dark brown "baby cables" square. (cable pattern from Barbara Walker's Treasury of knitting patterns)


Blue cascade "boat" square (he's a navy man), pattern here.

Get well soon, Grandpa Jess! Pop over to her blog for more.

2 comments:

Designated Knitter said...

Cool squares! I started one last night and have more planned.....

Misty said...

I LOVE your blog! I am a knitter too! (well sort of). My mom taught me and she teaches at her LYS in near Houston.
I want to thank you so much for your post about JuJu's name. It could not have come at a better time. We had just gotten back from a hearing test that didn't go so well and I was taking it very hard. So thank-you for being the angel who reminded of what is important!
I will be looking back at your blog. I really like those baby booties! Which pattern is that? Can you email me on it?
misty@urechquads.com
Thanks so much again,
Misty
MOM to gggg quads